Thursday, April 14, 2011

Decorate This Space: Dream Kitchen!

I love to cook, love to eat and love having big, family-style dinners! So when Jillian of {cornflake dreams} invited me to be a part of the "Decorate This Space" blog crawl I obviously chose to decorate a kitchen. Growing up, the kitchen in our house was always where the action happened, which I think is why I love spending so much time there! My inspiration for this kitchen came from one of my favorite brunch spots in Columbus, Tasi Cafe. It has a very lofty feel and is the perfect balance of  modern and rustic with exposed brick, cement floors, large wooden tables and brightly colored metal chairs. Tasi also always smells delicious which is a requirement in a dream kitchen of course!

Here are my inspirations for my dream space...




Check out {Aspiring Kennedy} tomorrow for the next stop on the crawl and more great decorating inspiration!

7 comments:

  1. if i had this kitchen, and it was always this pristine, i would cook every day. i love the storage space in the first photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this post kristin!! the storage unit is amazing...as is the chalkboard wall :) xoxo jcd

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is like my dream kitchen!! Love the combination between dark wood and metal, also love love love the blackboard wall!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooooh love all these images! Such good inspiration. And i love that the last thing on the shopping list on the blackboard wall is "new husband"...bahahaha

    -Marie
    So What If I Like Pretty Things

    ReplyDelete
  5. very cute! did a post on chalkboard walls...love and want them!
    kitchens are always the most social place, great finds
    xoxo em

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am the same way, kitchens are my favorite part of every house and usually the hub and where everyone hangs out! Great post!

    -Emmy

    www.sprinklesoneverything.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. ok serious, i don't know where to start..the blackboard wall, the french doors, the PEONY...just lovelove this!!

    xo.ashley

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, you just made my day!
xxkristin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...